Saturday 20 July 2013

Linda Ikeji Mutilated: Lessons To Expose

Linda Ikeji is currently the most successful e-publisher/blogger in Nigeria.
Even though she is exceptionally beautiful and has been a model before, she did not attain her present statue by mere relying on her MISS ENDOWED behind and 'figure-eight' body. Hardwork and determination were the potent tools in her hands when she started on blogging since 2006.

It's no longer news that this delectable blogger has suffered a fate most girls in her shoes would have remained distablized for the rest of their life. She was genitally mutilated at such a tender age of three. Hmmm! I can only imagine the gory if she were my sister.

What is her own stake in the issue that she experienced Female Genital Mutilation we only hear of from a distance? She is not bothered about it at all. Even the beliefs that follow such experience such as lack of sexual pleasure is not related to her as she has confessed of totally being in control in bed and most often than not experience several orgasms and sexual satisfaction. Her words from her blog in 2007;
I was Circumcised. Me and all my five sisters. When I said this on my 'Faking it', post, people lauded my courage for openly admitting to being circumcised. Then I started wondering if it's something to be ashamed of?

I've heard all kinds of negative things being said about female genital mutilation, but I've never paid much attention to it. Why? Because it was done to me...and my sisters...so thinking about how callous and wicked it is to cut a female's genital part, is thinking my parents are wicked and callous. Two people I love most in the world.

I first heard about FGM in secondary school when some girls were discussing sex. I remember vividly a particular classmate saying circumcised girls don't enjoy sex, circumcision means your ability to enjoy sex has been cut off. I reflected at that moment and remembered that someone, maybe my older sister, once told me we were all circumcised.

Lot's of girls could not recover from this barbaric act and are still living with the stigma. Some other cases of social vices such as rape, gender inequality, discrimination etc have greatly affected lots of women in the negative direction. I implore that you learn a great deal from Linda Ikeji. no matter the   nature of vice you have experienced in your life you can still become a hero to be celebrated. just believe this; once there is life there is hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment